Sauce claire/Light soup – West Africa
This soup-stew is very versatile and can be made with a choice of proteins, beef, chicken, shrimp, fish etc, or all of the above and will take on as many different flavors. Serve it with some white rice, or attieke huile rouge.
1. Heat up the oil in a pot. Stir-fry the onions and the chicken.
2. Once the chicken starts to take some color, add 3 cups of water and boil uncovered for 15mn
3. Meanwhile, boil the tomatoes with the eggplant cut in quarters (or peeled and cut zucchini). Once cooked, strain, transfer into a blender and puree.
4. Add the tomato/eggplant puree to the chicken. Add salt, pepper and chili. Cook at medium temperature for 20mn.
5. Serve hot with some rice, foutou or attieke mixed with red palm oil
Rate this recipe, leave comments, suggestions and ask questions in the space below!
Want to try this recipe? Sign up and save it in your recipe box!