Sweet Potato Fries – West Africa.
The sweet potatoes found in West Africa have a yellow flesh and are less sweet than their counterparts grown found elsewhere. They are closest to the “Japanese sweet potatoes” sold in supermarkets elsewhere.
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them in sticks
2. Put the raw fries in a bowl of water and add salt to your taste
3. Heat the oil up. Add one “fry” to test the temperature. If the oil starts sizzling, it is at the right temperature.
4. Cook the fries for 5 to 10 minutes, until they have a golden color.
5. If you like extra crispy fries, take them out of the oil, let them rest for 5-10 minutes and fry them again.
6. Serve as a side or as a mid-afternoon snack
Rate this recipe, leave comments, suggestions and ask questions in the space below!
Want to try this recipe? Sign up and save it in your recipe box!